12:00 PM - Welcome & Introductions
Aaron Biros, Editor, CannabisIndustryJournal.com - Host and Moderator
12:05 PM - Cannabis Laboratory Accreditation Panel
Tracy Szerszen, President & Operations Manager, PJLA
Dimitrios Katsieris, Senior Global Manager, IAS
Kathy Nucifora, COO, COLA
Jason Stine, Sr. Director of Accreditation, ANAB
Chris Gunning, General Manager for Accreditation Services, A2LA
Aaron Biros, Editor, CannabisIndustryJournal.com
- This panel, moderated by Cannabis Industry Journal editor Aaron Biros, will go in-depth into the new ISO/IEC 17025:2017 version, changes from the 2005 version and the new transition timeline mandated by ILAC.
- Learn some of the common challenges labs face when seeking accreditation.
- Learn about sampling protocols, security issues, statements of conformance, calibration and much more.
12:55 PM - Accreditation and Certification Supports Quality in the Cannabis Supply Chain - Sponsored TechTalk
Melanie Ross, Technical Products Developer, ANSI National Accreditation Board
The quality of cannabis products is impacted by many different factors. From seed to sale, positive and negative influences can affect the quality, as well as safety of the final product. Like in any industry, various risks exist along the supply chain. Independent oversight through 3rd party accredited services across the supply chain can assist in mitigating those risks. Third party accreditation ensures quality and safety of products through ongoing periodic verification of technical competence specific to that step in the supply chain. In this tech talk, ANAB will discuss the types of accreditations and certifications that can be implemented throughout the supply chain to ensure quality of cannabis products from seed to final packaging.
1:10 PM - R & D Lab Testing: Ensuring Success with Results
Chris Sweeney, President, Sonoma Lab Works
- How R&D lab testing can help you
- Prepare for compliance batches
- Successfully launch new products
- Amp up your quality control
2:00 pm - MilliporeSigma Sponsored Tech Talk
2:15 PM - USDA's Hemp Testing Rules Have Changed: Accelerate Your Lab's Preparedness
Arun Apte, CEO, CloudLIMS
- An overview of the USDA's new hemp testing rules.
- The operational changes hemp testing laboratories need to make to comply with the new hemp testing rules.
- The regulatory compliance framework and quality standards the testing labs need to meet.
3:00 PM - Hardy Diagnostics Sponsored TechTalk
Jessa Youngblood, Food & Beverage Market Coordinator, Hardy Diagnostics
3:15 PM - Bringing a National Hemp Testing Panel to Market
Josh Wurzer, Co-Founder & President, SC Laboratories
Without clear direction from the FDA, states are filling the void by developing their own quality standards and testing requirements for hemp derived CBD products. Unlike their THC based counterparts, hemp derived CBD products are being sold across state lines raising the demand for a single testing panel that will be compliant in every state. Attendees will learn:
- The current state of regulations nationally
- The issues that hemp product manufacturers need to be educated on to ensure compliance,
- The challenges labs face in offering customers a truly comprehensive panel.
4:00 pm - Wrap up