12:00 PM - Welcome & Introductions
Aaron Biros, Editor, CannabisIndustryJournal.com - Host and Moderator
12:05 PM - Hemp & Delta-8 in the United States: The Evolution of the Hemp Testing Market
Charles Deibel, President & CEO, Deibel Labs, Inc.
- Learn the current state of affairs across the country with respect to hemp testing. This will include a look at hemp testing rules at the state and federal level.
- What is Delta-8? Understand more about the controversy surrounding this cannabinoid, how to analyze samples of it and why the market has exploded around this product.
- Get the chance to ask your burning questions on all things hemp testing, regulations, licensing, method development & more
12:55 PM - Hardy Diagnostics Sponsored TechTalk
Jessa Youngblood, Food & Beverage Marketing Coordinator, Cannabis Industry Specialist, Hardy Diagnostics
1:10 PM - ISO 17025 Accreditation is NOT the Golden Ticket
Kathleen May, Founder & Owner, Triskele Quality Solutions
- Understand where the standard falls short (from the article).
- Understand how poor lab practices may negatively impact the consumer.
- Understand how poor or insufficient lab practices could result in regulatory action, including product recalls, fines, and loss of licenses.
2:00 PM - Cannabis Laboratory Accreditation: Challenges & Solutions - ANAB Sponsored Tech Talk
Melanie Ross, Technical Products Developer, ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB)
How do cannabis testing laboratories manage ever-changing state regulations? What are the challenges that laboratories face? How do laboratories manage risk? How can accreditation aid in addressing these challenges and risks? What are the benefits of accredited testing? In this session, we will provide answers to these questions, and more, based on results of accreditation assessments performed at cannabis testing laboratories across the United States. Additionally, we will provide an overview ANAB’s supplemental requirements related to accreditation and testing.
2:15 PM - Best Practices for Cannabis Testing, from Soil to Sale -Columbia Labs Sponsored TechTalk
Kelly O'Connor, Sales Director Key Accounts, Columbia Labs
Testing is the key to managing a compliant, consistent supply chain. Cannabis has its own testing considerations and but many practices can be applied from what we already know in the food and dietary supplement supply chain. This presentation will provide a walk through of in-the-know testing considerations.
2:30 PM - Pesticides in Hemp: Challenges and Solutions
Grace Bandong, Business Unit Manger for Contaminants, Eurofins Food Chemistry Testing (EFCT)
- Understanding the requirements for pesticide testing
- Approaches to analysis of pesticides
- Responding to regulatory requirements of extremely low LOQs
3:15 PM - Improving your Cannabis Labs Throughput and Data Quality with Cloud-Based SaaS Software - Perkin Elmer Sponsored TechTalk
Tim Cooper, Sr. Manager, Software Development, PerkinElmer
3:30 PM - What to Expect When Opening a Lab in a New State
Michael Kahn, Founder & CEO, MCR Labs
- Understand the laboratories' role in the cannabis industry
- Recognize the importance of knowing state regulations and who is in charge of upholding those regulations
- Lessons for growing your lab while maintaining quality
4:15 pm - Wrap up